Friday, July 31, 2009

listening

So i was over at a friend's house and i was told more than once that in conversations i tend to listen politely but it's obvious that i am not interested in what is being said. I was pretty surprised to hear it, my friend thought it was funny and i wondered if it were really true. Anyways, that kind of stayed in the back of my mind for a while, then yesterday when my boss was trying to talk to me (longest conversation EVARR) i noticed that my vision kept going in and out of focus because i was trying not to zone out so completely that he'd notice. It would have been comical if i weren't so tired of pretending to listen. Then i remembered what my friend had said and concluded that i really often didn't care all that much about the topic of conversations i'm in.. i feel kinda bad that it's that noticeable when i do it though and ashamed that i do it at all -.- meh.

1 comment:

  1. it's just certain conversations that people don't take interest in. You could of been tired and didn't care much about paying attention. I doubt you're like that all the time, hobo. When you're on tokbox you pay attention though you do fall asleep, but that's because our conversation usually take place in the late ours of night.

    ReplyDelete